OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES, WHICH CONTAIN GRANTS OF RIGHTS AND INDEMNITIES TO DAN RYAN BUILDERS BY YOU, LIMITATIONS OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES, AND AN ARBITRATION PROVISION THAT WILL REQUIRE YOU TO SUBMIT ANY CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST DAN RYAN BUILDERS ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR SUBMISSION TO A SALES PROMOTIONAL EFFORT NECESSARY. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED. THERE IS NO REQUIREMENT THAT YOU PURCHASE ANY GOODS OR SERVICES, PAY ANY MONEY, OR SUBMIT TO A SALES PROMOTIONAL EFFORT TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND NONE OF THE FOREGOING WILL INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
DAN RYAN BUILDERS MAY, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND ITS SOLE DISCRETION, CHANGE THESE OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES OR MODIFY, TERMINATE, OR SUSPEND THE SWEEPSTAKES AT ANY TIME.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open only to lawful permanent residents of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees of Dan Ryan Builders, its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, and promotional partners or suppliers (collectively “Related Parties”), as well as the immediate family members of Related Parties (spouse, parent, child, sibling) and/or those living in same household as Related Parties, are not eligible to participate in the drawing. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By entering, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Sweepstakes Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. Dan Ryan Builders reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any participant, including potential winners, who do not comply with these Official Sweepstakes Rules.
- SPONSOR: Dan Ryan Builders, 64 Thomas Johnson Drive, Suite 110, Frederick, MD 21702.
- PRIZE: One (1) winner will receive one (1) prize of Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) (the “Prize”). All references to dollars or “$” herein refer to United States dollars unless otherwise specified. The Prize will be awarded following the Prize Period (as described in Paragraph 7 below) by a single random drawing from all eligible entries. The Prize may not be transferred or assigned. Each winner will be responsible for paying all costs and expenses related to the Prize that are not specifically mentioned, including, but not limited to, taxes, and any other expenses that might be incurred by a winner in receiving or using the Prize. A lost, stolen, or damaged Prize will not be replaced.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: By entering the Sweepstakes you understand and agree that Dan Ryan Builders, its successors, licensees, and assigns shall have the right to print, publish, broadcast, distribute and use, in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your name, likeness, and any and all identifying characteristics (excluding address, phone number, date of birth, and e-mail address) for purposes of publicity, news, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotion, without further compensation, notice, review, or consent unless prohibited by law.
- HOW TO ENTER: YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PURCHASE ANY GOODS OR SERVICES FROM DAN RYAN BUILDERS OR SUBMIT TO A SALES PROMOTIONAL EFFORT. To enter the drawing for the Prize, participants may complete, in person, an information sheet or provide a current business card at Dan Ryan Builders’ grand opening event hosted at Dan Ryan Builders’ model home in The Village at Anderson Mill community, 402 Vestry Place, Moore, South Carolina 29369 on May 02, 2019, between 12:00 P.M. (EST) and 2:00 P.M. (EST) (“Prize Period”). Alternatively, participants may enter by completing the Alternative Method of Entry described in Paragraph 13 below. Limit of one (1) entry per person. Incomplete and/or illegible entries are void. All entries become the exclusive property of Dan Ryan Builders and will not be returned. Dan Ryan Builders is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, or illegible entries, or postage due mail, or for any error, human, technical, or otherwise, which may occur in the processing of entries, or for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, servers, providers, computer on-line systems, software, or failure of e-mail on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, including injury or damage to any persons’ computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes. The drawing for the Prize and all related activities or events described by these Official Sweepstakes Rules may be referred to collectively as the “Sweepstakes”. By entering the Sweepstakes, you represent that you have read these Official Sweepstakes Rules, and fully understand them.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- DRAWING: A potential winner will be selected in a single random drawing comprised of all eligible entries received. The drawing for the Prize will be conducted by Dan Ryan Builders or its designee on or about May 02, 2019, following the conclusion of the Prize Period. In the event that Dan Ryan Builders modifies, terminates, or suspends the Sweepstakes, Dan Ryan Builders may select potential winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Dan Ryan Builders. All decisions of Dan Ryan Builders with respect to the Sweepstakes are final and binding in all respects, and Dan Ryan Builders has sole and absolute discretion over the interpretation of these Official Sweepstakes Rules, the administration of the Sweepstakes, and the selection of potential winner(s). The potential winner need not be present at the time of the drawing, and will be notified via the e-mail address provided in their entry at the conclusion of the drawing. Failure by any potential winner to respond to such notification within a reasonable time frame, as determined by Dan Ryan Builders in its sole and absolute discretion, will result in disqualification of the potential winner and an alternate potential winner will be selected. The return of a potential winner’s Prize notification or the Prize as undeliverable, or rejection of the Prize by a potential winner, will result in disqualification of the potential winner and an alternate potential winner will be selected. Dan Ryan Builders is not responsible for any misdirected notifications, whether caused by Dan Ryan Builders or resulting from incorrect or otherwise non-functioning e-mail information, or a potential winner’s failure to receive notifications due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings.
- RELEASE/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Dan Ryan Builders and its subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, directors, and attorneys from any liability, loss, injury, damage to property or person, attorney’s fees, and court costs, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Prize or entering in the Sweepstakes, even if caused by Dan Ryan Builders (including, but not limited to, any purported violation of rights to publicity or privacy, or claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light, or based on aby claim of infringement of intellectual property rights). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you further agree that Dan Ryan Builders has neither made nor will be in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Sweepstakes or the Prize, including, without limitation, to the Prize’s quality of fitness for a particular purpose.
BY ENTERING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (i) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (ii) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND YOU HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, AND/OR OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; and (iii) YOU HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF.
- GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Sweepstakes Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Dan Ryan Builders in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland without respect to conflict of law doctrines.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION/NO CLASS RELIEF: DO NOT ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES. AS A CONDITION OF ENTERING OR PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES THAT CANNOT BE RESOLVED BETWEEN THE PARTIES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED IN ANY WAY WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PRIZE, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, EXCLUSIVELY IN BINDING ARBITRATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION (“AAA”) INCLUDING THE AAA’S SUPPLEMENTARY PROCEDURES FOR CONSUMER-RELATED DISPUTES, AS MAY BE MODIFIED BY THESE OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES. THE ARBITRATION SHALL BE CONDUCTED AT A MUTUALLY AGREEABLE LOCATION IN FREDERICK, MARYLAND, BY A NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR SELECTED PURSUANT TO THE ARBITRATION RULES OF THE AAA. THE ARBITRATOR SHALL APPLY MARYLAND LAW CONSISTENT WITH THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT AND APPLICABLE STATUTES OF LIMITATION. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. ALL ISSUES ARE FOR THE ARBITRATOR TO DECIDE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ISSUES RELATING TO THE SCOPE, ENFORCEABILITY, AND ARBITRABILITY OF THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION. ALL ASPECTS OF THE ARBITRATION PROCEEDING, AND ANY RULING, DECISION, OR AWARD BY THE ARBITRATOR, WILL BE STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL PARTIES. UPON FILING A DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION, ALL PARTIES TO SUCH ARBITRATION SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT OF DISCOVERY, WHICH DISCOVERY SHALL BE COMPLETED WITHIN SIXTY (60) DAYS AFTER THE DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION IS MADE, UNLESS FURTHER EXTENDED BY MUTUAL AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE SEVERABILITY PROVISIONS IN PARAGRAPH 12 OF THESE OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES, IF THE ARBITRATOR DETERMINES THAT ANY TERM OR PROVISION OF THIS PARAGRAPH 10 IS INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE, THE PARTIES AGREE TO REPLACE SUCH TERM OR PROVISION WITH A TERM OR PROVISION THAT IS VALID AND ENFORCEABLE AND THAT COMES CLOSEST TO EXPRESSING THE INTENTION OF THE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE TERM OR PROVISION AND THIS PARAGRAPH 10 SHALL BE ENFORCEABLE AS SO MODIFIED. ANY ACTION, CLAIM, OR CAUSE OF ACTION NOT SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH IN THIS PARAGRAPH 10 SHALL BE FILED AND ADJUDICATED IN A STATE OR FEDERAL COURT IN FREDERICK COUNTY, MARYLAND (OR SUCH FEDERAL DISTRICT COURT SERVING FREDERICK COUNTY, MARYLAND), AND ALL PARTIES AGREE TO SUBMIT TO THE PERSONAL JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
- WINNER’S NAME/OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES REQUEST: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Sweepstakes Rules, mail your request (specifically indicating whether you are requesting the winner’s name and/or a copy of the Official Sweepstakes Rules) along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Dan Ryan Builders, Attn: Sales and Marketing Department, “Grand Opening Sweepstakes – The Village at Anderson Mill”, 211 Century Dr. C100, Greenville, SC 29607. Requests must be received by Dan Ryan Builders no later than June 03, 2019.
- MISCELLANEOUS: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Sweepstakes Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of these Official Sweepstakes Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Dan Ryan Builders’ failure to enforce any term of the Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. You agree to waive any rights to claim ambiguity of these Official Sweepstakes Rules. Headings are solely for convenience of reference and will not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of any provision hereof.
- ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY: To enter the Sweepstakes without attending Dan Ryan Builders’ agent/broker open house event as described in Paragraph 5 above, you may submit a typed or hand-written entry providing your (i) full name; (ii) home address; (iii) e-mail address; (iv) phone number; and (v) date of birth to: Dan Ryan Builders - Greenville, “Grand Opening Sweepstakes – The Village at Anderson Mill”, 211 Century Dr. C100, Greenville, SC 29607 (the “Alternative Method of Entry”). All entries submitted through the Alternative Method of Entry must be received by Dan Ryan Builders by 2:00 P.M. (EST) on May 02, 2019.